Topic: Old Dog Learning New Tricks

OK.  So a friend of mine sent me this nifty little EXE because he knows there is no way in Hades that I am going to put yet another piece of software on my computer or pay to join anything just to download one torrent.

I ran the exe.  Clicked on the nifty little link bringing me to this site so I could figure out what the hay leaches and seeders are.

I decided that want to seed as this torrent is for some very useful out of print books and is enormous.

The torrent has finished downloading.  The little box popped up indicating it was done and stating that I should let the program run a little longer to seed.

Then my power went off and my computer shut down.  The little box is gone and I can't find anything to indicate whether or not I sucessfully "seeded" this torrent.  So . . . I want to seed . . . how do I seed?  How do I know if I'm actully seeding?  Am I even using that term correctly?

Yeah, I'm not the most techno-savvy user in the world.

BTW . . .groovy product!

Last edited by OldchickKP (2008-08-07 13:16:48)

Re: Old Dog Learning New Tricks

Do the .exe file still in hand?Next time you log-in to window,then click the execute file again and the seeding box will be back!Be happy torrent. tongue

Re: Old Dog Learning New Tricks

That simple, huh.  Coolies.  I'm all about simple.

Someone had their thinking cap on when they created Torrent2exe.  big_smile

Thank all that is good for uber smart people!

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by OldchickKP (2008-08-09 21:11:37)